Sunday, July 25, 2010

Demand Studios Progress, Week 1, Part 1

I'm going to start my DS weekly goals on Friday, since that was when I received my first payment. As I mentioned in my previous post, the payment schedule breaks down like this:

Articles approved by 11:59 PM PST (2:59 AM EST) Sunday will be paid on Tuesday.
Articles approved by 11:59 PM PST (2:59 AM EST) Wednesday will be paid on Friday.

Here is my progress so far:

Four $15 articles accepted = $60 - These will definitely get paid on Tuesday.
Five $15 articles under Copy Editor review = $75 - Pending rewrites and/or approval, these may or may not make the 2:59 EST cutoff, but will definitely get paid on Friday.

So I just need one more $15 article to make my $150 goal. That's in three days of writing!

Friday - Four articles
Saturday - Four articles (technically two were written after midnight Sunday, but I'm counting it as Saturday because I hadn't gone to sleep yet)
Sunday - One article (so far)

It's looking like four articles a day is good for me right now. It may get harder when I go back to school, but now it's pretty easy. I've been having some trouble finding good titles today, but I'm going to take a break and maybe give it another shot later. I think if I want to expand this goal to $300 a week, I will either have to write five or six a day, or write earlier on Wednesday to make the 2:59 AM cutoff.

And because I don't want people to think DS is a scam (and as motivation to keep writing), here are my earnings for the year so far (click on the picture to view it full-size):



So there you have it! This is how I will be funding my trip to L.A. and paying for my textbooks!

P.S. I know this is supposed to be a spiritual blog, but I think there is a link between spirituality and money, whether good or bad. I've been very stressed out about bills and not having a job that it has made it hard for me to focus on my spirituality and trust my insight like I would if I had no financial concerns. Who knows, maybe the money I save from these articles will help fund my trip to Sedona, AZ, one of the spiritual centers of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment